Health is wealth as they say. In this age of technology where everything comes lightning fast and people seems to get stuck in a nine to five desk job with unhealthy lifestyles, maintaining to be healthy and fit is becoming a tedious task. Some exercise which is good and some watch what they eat and this recipe is actually to help on the healthy eating.
Who's among us don't like pizza? Of course everyone wants a piece of it. But there's a dilemma we are facing just thinking about eating one: delicious pizza isn't healthy and healthy pizza isn't delicious, right? Or if there's an available veggie pizza it turns out it cost that much more than your regular meaty pizza and it's not available a few blocks from your home.
This pizza recipe is a personal recipe made to fulfill a craving pizza lover who needs to start eating healthy without truly giving-up the delicious food.
pizza crust tofu (cubed or diced into tiny bits)
butter or oil
green bell pepper
1. Pre-heat your oven at 375 F (190 C) for 20 minutes.
2. Lay your pizza crust in a baking pan.
3. Spread the tomato sauce evenly on top of the crust. You can actually use any kind of brands of tomato sauce but I prefer Del Monte's Gourmet selection since it has already that distinctive classic taste that you don't need to add anything because the sauce is complete in itself.
4. Then add the grated cheese. For this particular recipe I used Edam cheese since that's what we have available. Though it's perfect since it's a bit salty so it became also a substitute for salt.
5. Meanwhile, fry the tofu in butter or oil. I prefer the tofu almost grounded for it's more crunchy and will appear and taste like unsalted chicharon. But if you don't like crunchy you can just slice it into cubes and don't over fry it so this way it will taste and feel like meat. Then sprinkle it on top of the crust.
6. Next add the remaining ingredients: cucumber, mushrooms, pineapple, and bell pepper and manage to decorate the pizza as well while adding them. Then sprinkle the grated mozzarella on top.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is brown. Then serve with hot sauce or ketchup.